Re: Euro / Ralley Wiper System

VERY easy to do and CHEAP!  The only tools and parts you need are a 10mm
socket/wrench, a rubber plug to plug up the driver's side hole (my local VW
dealer parts guy found me one from a Merc) and a Golf/Jetta II passenger
side wiper.  Just take out your old wiper assembly which can be a pain but
don't worry about bending the driver side bracket.  Once it's out, take off
the connecting rod that goes to the driver's side and is connected with ball
joints, then cut the rear beam about an inch away from the edge of the motor
.  All that is needed now is to situate it in the middle.  Unscrew the brass
colored nut that is on top of the motor so the linkage can freely be moved.
Put the motor back in and put your wiper on loosely.  Now you just need to
screw the linkage back onto the motor in a different position (almost
directly at 6:00 o'clock) and then tighten down the wiper.  Pluc it back in
and test it.  Now it just takes a little playing with to get the most arc
but you can handle that I'm sure.  Good luck and ask if you have any more
questions,
--
Josh Clark