Re: Euro lights

>>>      One question boys, You know the headlights that came on the VW
>>>Caravelles? The ones that look like the scirocco euro lights? Are they
>> the
>>>same? Will they fit on a scirocco? I really don't feel like spending $400
>>> on
>>>headlights when it could go to something more useful(cams). Any help would
>>> be
>>>greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>Matt
>>>'86 16v Scirocco

  I remember this was asked on the newsgroup a year or so ago, but I don't
remember the answer. There are other alternatives to those model Euro
light.
I have some 4x6 Hella H4s and H1s. These use the same bulbs, and can be
installed the time it takes to change a normal headlamp, because they are
the stock size,and just require an adapter between them and the stock
harness. They look relatively stock, just a lot shinier when off, which I
like. The lighting pattern is very good, much better than a standard sealed
beam. The biggest advantage is that they can be had for alot less. I got
mine for $160 in Atlanta for 2 H4s, 2 H1s, and 2 relays. I think you can
get them for a little bit less if you shop around

Brad Sheridan