G60 Scirocco update

For those of you who were hanging on my every word about my project (and for
those of you who thought I was dreaming), I JUST purchased a G60 longblock
w/ supercharger outta a '92 Corrado.  Step 1, a success.

It is a high mileage engine (80k mi), so since I got 4 months 'til install,
I'm gonna "replace
the rod bearings, yank the pistons, re-ring them pistons and hone the
cylinders!," as per the words of an intelligent man.

Since I didn't get Ron's Parts complete G60 ---> Scirocco kit, I'm gonna
have to scavenge-hunt for the final pieces (corrado computer), but I don't
think that'll be so hard.

Wish me luck!

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be