Re: AAHH! No brakes!

Chris Taylor wrote:

> That happened to a kid I know, in his '85 scirocco.  We were going thru a
> light or something, and he said, "NO BRAKES!"  The pedal went TO THE FLOOR,
> just like you.  Howver, he's the kind of kid who doesn't let a little thing
> like 'no brakes' stop him from driving, so he kept going.  Before long, his
> breaks were BACK!  I think the same thing happened to him a week later, but
> that was a year ago, and he never fixed thing.  He just had those 2
> instances.  Wierd.

Once I had no brakes in my '84 GTI I pulled all the fuses out of the
fuse box and checked them (didn't know which controled the brake
booster) All of a sudden it worked as far as I can tell the fuse must
have been a little corroded or something. Maybe thats what happened to
your friend since it fixed itself..

Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin
Myrtle Beach SC USA