Re: AAHH! No brakes!

On  9 Feb 97 at 16:09, VanAm wrote:

> the floor.  What do ya think?  Booster?  Master cylinder?  How much
> do these parts usually go for?  I checked for broken brake lines and
> the fluid level, and they are both good.  Any input is
> appreciated...

Most likely is the master cylinder.  BTW, the booster is a vacuum
device, not electrical as some here are thinking.  If the booster
stops working the brakes will still work, it will just take more
effort to apply them.  Unless something mechanical inside the booster
breaks, you will not have the pedal go to the floor.  Newer cars with
ABS may be different, but for our older cars this should apply.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)