Re: Project Scirocco ---Car Coloru

>On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, I. Mannix wrote:
>
>> That's not recommended in the factory manual, should be a cheap protest!
>>
>What if I can show that for certain years VW recommended buttock removal
>as a dealer installed (removed?) option?

You can't. Alas, in the wonderous world of SP, though, the seat rules
basically say that you may use any fully upholstered seat, so, you can
modify your driver's seat any way you want.  Pretty cool, eh?  I'll talk to
Randy re: the seat tonight - there was a message on my machine last night
saying that he would be home tonight. On SP seats, you can use any fully
upholstered passenger seat, also, but it must be capable of holding a full
sized adult - apparantley, some clever soul bolted a fully upholstered
child seat (is the harness dated?) seat in place of a "real" seat, so, your
passenger seat must be able to hold an adult.  I guess no one has tried to
drive in a kid's seat.

>> Buy a Rabbit.
>>
>Very funny...

Just the facts.  Heh, I don't fit in your damned car, but I fit just fine
in mine!  Bob Tunnell says Rabbits are better autocrossers.  (ok, before we
point out that autocross is NOT the primary focus of this list, let me just
say that it is the primary focus of Kevin, and dammit, I can make fun of
his crappy car any time I want.  He deserves it, he had the audacity to
beat me at the last Solo event.).  OK, so.......Rabbits rule.  HAR!!!!

>While we're on the buttock topic, has anyone ever modified the seat brackets
>or reshaped the seat foam in their Scirocco to lower the seating position?
>It doesn't really apply to me now that I'm getting a racing seat - just
>curious.

It is a good question, actually - I drive a Rabbit simply because I don't
fit in Sciroccos.  I'm (and so is Kevin) a big guy, Sciroccos seem to be
the car for skinny people - bigger thighs don't fit under steering wheels.
I'd bet there are a few bigger guys out there (ok, PC time, girls too;)
that want to drive Sciroccos - anyone have any ideas for lowering seats,
removing foam, etc - when autocrossing, even in my Rabbit, my helmet grazes
my roof, being that I prefer a very upright seating position.  Plus,
lowering the seat could lower your center of mass considerably, especially
for people like me (240ish pounds).  It won't win you any races, but it
could get you that extra tenth or two that means first or second.  Gotta
run, Mannix