Re: Problems...

> No power on top.  It seems to die after 5G.
>
> Bucking.  Today on the highway it started bucking like hell.  Pulled over
> and stopped for a minute.  Tried to go again and as soon as I cleared 3Gs it
> bucked massively again.  After talking to my mechanic he suggested limping
> in to the city.  Frustrated I tried it again and it worked without a problem.
>
> My mechanic says he suspects it might be the fuel pump, but he won't replace
> it because the problem is so intermittent that that might not be the
> problem, and he doesn't want to lighten my wallet by $300 to replace it
> (thank god for honest mechanics).
>
> Based on what I've outlined, has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Yeah, I think I have been in that awful place before.  The first time something
like this happened to me:  I replaced fuel injectors, fuel injector seals,
fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel distibutor,  but nothing really fixed it.
Sorry this is such a bummer.
Although, replacing the fuel injectors seemed to clear up the problem for
a while. (could it have been something in the fuel system...?) I believe that
the problem (I'm speaking the past tense because the Scirocco in question is
long gone) was either valves or the leaking exaust.

The next time I experienced a problem similar to this, replacing the fuel
injectors DID do the trick for good.  Try it, grab some used ones out of
a late model VW wreck, they all seem to be the same. Good luck!

==Brett