Project Scirocco

Chris & Dan ... thanks for the sunroof tips.  I'm going to try one of the
motors from a sunroof at work too.  We have a bunch of extra motors hanging
around.  As far as the cover goes, I may be "covered" on that.  My 84 has a
full width cover that the sun visors rest into.  It molded for the visors
and covered in matching white vinyl. The 86 doesn't have the cover, I'm
going to try swapping them tomorrow. I think it will completely hide the
crank.

Speaking of white vinyl, I have to replace the headliner in the new car.
It's starting to dry out and crack in the rear, and that's only going to
get worse when I drop it to put in the antenna.  But, one of the former
owners was a smoker, and the headliner is all yellowed near the windows.
So this brings another dilemma .... black or white replacement headliner ?
I have direct access to headliner material at work, so it's just a matter
of color.  I like the black/white contrast, but a jet black interior .....
I think I like it.  The only downside is that it's probably going to be
regular headliner material and not vinyl .... oh well I can live with that.
Have to recover the "cover" and the visors too.

Good news .... antenna came in today. Bad news ran out of propane for the
heater and it's too cold to work in the garage tonite.  So I guess I'll
lose a nite and do some surfin'

Later,

-Gene