Re: OEM bushings

In a message dated 97-02-04 14:19:58 EST, haj@tenet.edu (Harry Jones WISD)
writes:

<< The stock rubber bushing will last a VERY LONG TIME! Look at the bushing
 and if it is shot, usually the rubber "lip" on either side of the control
 arm (front bushing) will be worn away.

 If the bushings are worn, there will be some fore/aft play and deflection
 under braking. People convert to the poly bushings to avoid even a slight
 deflection and to alter suspension geomentry. If you want NO deflection,
 get the aluminum bushings! (real rock crushers!) I would NOT suggest the
 alum. bushings! >>

Thanks for the info.  I am  not the least bit interrested in getting poly
bushings.  I like a firm ride, not a hemroid-enducing ride!!!  I was
basically just wondering if it was time for me to replace my bushings.  Well,
who knows, the stock bushings are cheap (inexpencive) and easy to install.
 Also, my car has WELL OVER 100k on it, so maybe it is time anyways?  (I have
nothing better to do...)

Thanks again,

Tim :)