Bilstein BTS 172 Shocks/Struts FS.

I have my old Bilsteins for sale, since I just put Konis into my GTI.  I
have a set of BTS 172 shocks and struts, which are about 3 years old.  I
have had them for a while, but warrantied them in 1994.  Bilstein sent me a
brand new set of shocks/struts  instead of repairing them.  It is a
complete strut assembly as opposed to an insert.  I am not sure a complete
strut assembly is available from Bilstein anymore.  Damping is a bit softer
than the Sport shock, according to Bilstein.  I used Neuspeed Race springs
with them most recently, Neuspeed Sport Lowering prior to the race springs
- truth be told, the rebound damping was insufficient with the Race springs
- they were great with the Lowering springs, and I'd guess they would be
good with stock springs for someone looking for a comfortable yet
controlled ride - the car rode surprisingly well with the race springs, but
now that I have Koni Yellows, well, it is stiff.  I think $350 for the set
is fair.  The rear shocks have an adjustable perch, the front perch is
about 1/2" lower than stock.  All are in good condition, no leakage, have
the original reciept.  FWIW, the stock strut tubes do not allow as much
negative camber as the BTS struts, as I was able to get 2.25d of negative
camber with the BTSs using stock bolts - had to use crash bolts on my "new"
setup to get any more than 2 with the stockers.  Email me if interested!

Mannix