Re: Gear oil

Just wanted to comment:

>You sound like a handy kind of guy, why pay someone to do a tune up?

This from the same guy who refuses to do his clutch!  ;-)  Just fooling w/
ya, Rick-miester.

>They're not gonna do more than you can.  Replace the plugs, cap,
>rotor, wires, air filter, fuel filter and do whatever adjustments you can
>from the Bentley.

I can do that much.

>Check compression and inspect and/or replace any
>bad vacuum lines.  Inspect the injectors and  throttle body.  You
>have a Bentley, right?

Ok, this is why I'm posting.  I consider myself a handy kind of guy, as
well, but I don't know how to do any of that junk.  Perhaps I should spend a
couple of close nights w/ Bob Bentley?  I think you need special junk to
check compression, don't you?  I usually can't find special junk in my
garage.  ;-)

>Save your money for more
>fun things !  :=)

Like a G60!  See, I'm putting a G60 in my car and I don't even know how to
inspect my throttle body!  People are handy in different ways, I guess.
Anyway, I found this company called Motor Technik who said they rebuild the
G-lader that can handle 20psi of boost without hurting the supercharger.
Because of what the guy was saying you can get around 300hp out of your G60,
with the rebuilt G-ladder and going to a 1.9l engine, smaller pulley, new
chip, and some other small work.

Ouch.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be