Re: Gear oil

On  1 Feb 97 at 18:11, VWcrazyTim@aol.com wrote:

> Believe me, I know!  I think I just need to take it in for a FULL
> tune up.
>  Not just plugs and crap, but EVERYTHING as conciderd with a tune
>  up.  I will
> probably do that after I get my early Rabbit dual exhaust manifold
> and TT dual downpipe in.  That way, it will be set up for use with
> those (probably won't make a BIT of difference with the tune up,
> though)  Also, my car does feel like it is not releasing all of the
> power it should.  I need a tune up BAD!!

Tim,

You sound like a handy kind of guy, why pay someone to do a tune up?
They're not gonna do more than you can.  Replace the plugs, cap,
rotor, wires, air filter, fuel filter and do whatever adjustments you can
from the Bentley.  Check compression and inspect and/or replace any
bad vacuum lines.  Inspect the injectors and  throttle body.  You
have a Bentley, right?  If it still is lacking power/mileage, then take it and
have it hooked up to a diagnostic machine.  Save your money for more
fun things !  :=)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA