Re: headers (yet again)

I think we are referring to tt's special long 4 into 1 race headers.
The claim a 15hp increase over other header designs in ads that I have
seen.

I live near a guy who used to run a VW racing program of some sort, and
when I asked him about what kind of header we should get for our
ProRally Rabbit, he said 'why do you want a header?  Most of em out
there aren't designed properly and don't help.  You will be better off
with a Euro dual outlet manifold and matching downpipe.  He also said
that headers that have to fit between the head and the catcon aren't
going to be effective because the tubes can't be long enough to be tuned
properly'

Maybe these tt headers have the long primaries they need to be tuned
properly.  (In this area even us jaded VW nuts have to give a nod to
Hondas etc whose exhausts come off the front of the head giving the
header designers another 10 or so inches of tube length to play with)
They really could make a substantial increase in high end power, but it
is likely that there is a significant loss at the low end.  They may
also be difficult to fit under the car in a tidy fashion which could
cause problems in the real world.

Just some thoughts.

Damien