RE: oil pressure guage

On Mon, 29 Dec 1997, Brubaker, John wrote:

> I recently attempted this mod with mixed results.  First thing, I don't
> know if the sender or the gauge I pulled from a junkyard work correctly.
>  Second thing, if they do work correctly, what is it supposed to read (I
> have both a metric and bar version gauge)?  Third thing, after the car
> warms up, at idle both my brake and oil warning lights kick in at full
> brightness and dim out as the rpm's increase.  What do y'all think?  I know
> I have posted something about this before but there were no takers on what
> might have been going on.  Who knows???
>
> John

John, I've noticed this as well, the dual sender seems to send out the low
pressure warning sooner than the stock unit(Mannix, your GTI does this as
well, right?) Mine only does it when hot, and only rarely(I keep my idle
at 1000 to cure this annoyance)...as with pressure, can't remember what my
guage is in, goes from 0 to 10....generally when cold it's around 6-8
depending on rpm, once it's warmed up, at idle almost 0 up to 2-2.5
depending on rpm....thats with my oil at 100 C....

Eric