Re: [ITP] Sunroof Transplant

<< >I was wondering Is this Possible?  I have an '84 GTI with no sunroof and
 >I would like to put a sliding sunroof from a scirocco or GTI. I wouldn't
 >really want to put a regulat glass sunroof in the car. I was planning on
 >getting it painted someday if I don't sell it so could a body shop cut
 >the roof and install a factory sunroof?

I actually plan something like this myself someday to my scirocco.  I've
already got a roof cut out half way down the pillars for the transplant.
I've just got  to get the $$ and a little more experience before I cut up my
car.   Hell, I don't trust anybody well enough for this so I'll end up doing
it myself. I'm going to cut and weld mine inside the rainchannels to hide the
scar as much as possible.  To answer your question...Yes, any experienced
bodyman could do this without a problem but make sure you use a GTi
roof...IMHO you'll need the entire roof and they are shaped differently.  Just
find somebody that really knows what he's doing so that the scars aren't too
visible.
DANMAY
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma(yeah, it's snowing in NC..d'oh)
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87