Re: [Interior] Parcel Tray Clips in '82

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997 19:04:36 -0800 Greg Baxter <gbaxter@istar.ca> writes:
> I recall seeing/hearing
>somewhere (this list?) that the earlier MKIIs had a different setup back

>there. Is this the case? Shawn - how is your deck set up? (I know that
>you've got an 82...)

My deck is MIA. Never had one, still looking for one. I've never actually
seen a functioning rear deck in the early MK-II models but from the
placement of some of the mounting points it would seem that there is a 2
piece unit that fits there.
			       / <--shelf
			___/
	           seat back--->|    |<---strut tower.

Something along that nasty ansi lines. Later Scirocco's have just a one
piece shelf that the whole thing lifts when the hatch is opened.

>My question to all of you with later 'roccos - where do the rubber band
>straps attach to your hatch? Mine attach right above the taillights, but

>the straps don't stretch enough (are they too old??) to allow me to open

>the hatch fully.
>Thanks
>
>Greg

Im pretty sure the mounts for the straps are all the same. (anyone?) The
lengths of the straps might be different. Your straps shouldnt stretch at
all. They should only act as a flexible mount. When you open the hatch,
the shelf should lift up with the hatch to give you access to the trunk
space. Are you sure you have installed them right?
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and