RE: autocrossers, on snow

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Crane, Damien wrote:

> I'm no expert, but I would be happy to pass on the knowledge that I
> have.  The same things will hold true on any loose surfaces.  Also,
> these comments are for fwd cars only.  Different techniques are required
> for rwd and 4wd cars.

<BIG snip>

I agree with everything he said - one thing that should be mentioned
(in case you don't have adjustable brake bias) is how useful the
handbrake is in situations like this.  If you can manage to keep the
thing from locking upright, you can pretty well approximate the effect
of left-foot braking with the handbrake.

Speaking of brake bias, how much does an inside-the-car-adjustable
prop. valve tend to cost?  Anyone installed one?

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/