Re: autocrossers, on snow

SLOW DOWN.  That's all I can really tell you.  Take your car out and practice
in huge parking lots the first time it snows.  Learn to see what the car will
do when you slam on the brakes.  You want to talk about Understeer????   I
have put tons of miles in my scirocco in Huge snowstorms between Buffalo NY
and Wisconsin where my parents live(not that that means much to you Arno)  and
all I can say is practice practice practice.  I also was sponsored for
snowboarding for a while so I intentionally drove in some of the worst storms.
It is fun sometimes but is really dangerous because of stupid people out there
who drive irresponsibly in it.   I'll admit that I used to drive much faster
in snow than the other people out there but staying alive is more
important.....not tesing your car's limits.
In emergency slide/stop situations I found it was beneficial to slam on the
breaks repeatedly and very rapidly.  PUMP PUMP PUMP as fast as you can.  Our
car's lack of antilock brakes didn't ever really bother me.  Again...just be
careful!!
DANMAY
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma4x4