Re: fuel pressure relief

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997 20:29:34 -0600 Dondria Wallace
<ddwallace@earthlink.net> writes:

>Well,
>
>I tried pulling the fuel pump fuse and letting the engine stop on it's
>own, which it did.  This is the procedure in the Chilton book.  My Bosch
>Fuel Injection book stated that this would not work with 16v
>engines(injectors close on engine shutdown, retaining pressure in the
>system), and when I cracked the line at the fuel filter, I got a good
>spray, so I'd say that it doesn't work.  Others claim that it will and
has.

>Lloyd

I feel that trying to bled the fuel system is much more time consuming
than if you were to just go and break the torque of the filter bolt with
a rag sitting on it to keep the fuel from flying all over. The resulting
"squirt" is but a millisecond anyways and not really a problem. To me its
not worth the hassle, but that's just me.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and