more mods to the 16v..and ramblings

Well I was out giving the 16v a quick wash today, and decided to have
a little fun. I got some leftover 3" metal flex-tubing from a G60
friend that just relocated his carbon-canister and ran it down and
out where the brake duct used to be (I guess you gotta be a C lover
too to follow) but anyways he handed me about 5 extra feet of this
cool stuff. But alas there is no room in the 16v engine bay to do
quite the exact thing, strait down and I'm 4" above the ground before
I can make the tube bend foreward (thanks to Mr. koni). Solution: I
have a 1au wire already running from my engine bay to my trunk for my
stereo system. I ran a 4au wire also for ground, and relocated my
battery to the boot (trunk) It fits perfectly on my NOS platform. The
wires in the engine bay are a mess but I plan to get a power
distribution block sooon to clean em all up. This allowd me room to
run this flex-hose up, around the radiator and point foreward right
next to the inside of my driver side lights (behind the grill) I know
its not a strait shot, sorta really a U shape, but untill I install a
hood scoupe where the battery used to be this will do for now. Plus
it looks really cool!! I took pics and will have em developed
tomorrow. I also got some shots of my NOS setup that hopefully will
be in focus (my first set was blurry).

Oh also I just ordered a cat for my 16v from techtonic tuning. I
clean broke my exhaust right after the cat!!! sucker came completely
disconnected! and it wasn't at the joint, what broke was the cat at
the 3" or so of pipe that connects to the rest of the exhaust, so as
soon as I get it I'll have to find a muffler shop to cut my current
cat away from my downpipe and weld this new one on. I ended up
spending 2 hours on my back under my jackedup car (on stands)
wrapping 2 coat hangers around the exhaust so at least the pipes
match up together and theres only a small crack instead of free
flowing after the cat, hell my car would stall w/o the rest of the
exhaust, and sounded like a chevy Nova dragster...can we say NO
backpressure! ph and get this ..Midas/Mienieke won't install my
cat because I didn't buy it from them..ie I didn't pay their 600$ for
some universal cat...but the cat was only like $180 or something like
that so I threw in an ajustable cam sprocket!! wheee !! I can't wait
to play with my timing, esp with the NOS system, I'll be able to tune
my timing to get the most out of it. Just don't tell the wife.

She had a bad day, we went to a party fri night, and her car wouln't
start, after talking w/ my mechanic friend I discovered the +
terminal on the starter came off, but this is an automatic so the
starter is under the exhaust manifold (1.8 JH)! had to bum a ride and
come back the next day, jack the car up and slip it back on. she
wasn't too happy, had to drive the ford to work that morning.

which also leads me to this, is there ANYTHING I can do to change the
shift points in an automatic cis?, the crappy bastard only has 3
gears and 1st shifts to 2nd at 4000 rpm!! I'm getting robbed! and no
changing to standard is completely out of the question.

Ryan