[Oil Leaks, Part Deux]

Hello everyone, it's me w/ the 84 w/ the formerly leaky distrib.

I let my car sit another 24 hrs, after wiping everything up nicely and I
discovered there was STILL more leakage --

The car has an oil cooler. The connection between it and the actual filter
are OK, no leaks, but on the (NATURALLY, IMPOSSIBLE to see) connection btw
the cooler and standard mounting location facing the block, there seems to
be more dripping.

So, my questions are:

1> How does that oil cooler connect to the standard mounting surface?
Specifically, how do I remove it? Any pointers?

2> How much oil can I expect to loose pulling off the filter/cooler? The
car has been sitting for 3 awful scirocco-less days. I'm driving a
cavalier now.  Ack.

3> I started putting 100% synth in this puppy when I picked it up in june.
It's always had normal oit before. I'm sure this is resulting in some of
my leaks. Does anyone think I should perhaps switch to a blend or back to
normal? I'm not all too crazy about fighting more leaks.

~C

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-292-6658