Re: [various][long][boring]

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997 01:37:53 +0000 Jason <jtcst20+@pitt.edu> writes:
>I've organized myself and, in the interest of saving bandwidth, am
>sending
>only one message. How's that for anal?

Ah, I see. When your paying high overseas phone bills, condensing a
message becomes important and relevant to oneself. heh!

>Thermostats:
>>The thermostat has been changed before the hose rupture. The engine
does
>>not overheat at this time.
>
>	Well, now that someone has mentioned it, how big of a Spiel is
>it to
>change the thermostat? I have the distinct feeling mine is on it's way
>out...  It's just about 5 miles in 32' weather for the temp gauge to hit
>normal... by that time the oil is just breaking 90'C.  Are all of the
cars
>this bad,  or was I just spoiled by my Toyota, which heated up in 1/2
mile?
>(No Toyota cracks, please)

Id say that's normal. it wont hurt to replace it but I think that you
wont see any difference afterwards. IMHO, naturally.

>Europe Update:

>About the whole "Thinking before you post" Idea:
>That's all fine and dandy, but I have one more to add.  When you reply
to a
>mail, watch out who you're cc-ing too.  There's usually no need to send
it
>to anyone but the list (It will get to everyone anyways).. unless you're
in
>a rush or something. I know I'm guilty of this too, but if we all watch
who
>we're sending to, we can eliminate *many* doubles.

I used to edit the CC box and delete the original senders address for
this reason but then id get double messages so I decided screw it. Why
bother. So, you get 2 now, like me.  :)

>Also, we can take care
>of multiple subjects in one letter, like I've done here.

You run the risk of having something that somebody else might find
interesting or important deleted because they were ignoring a thread
based on the title. (I do that QUITE a bit.) Really tho, it doesn't
matter.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and