Re: Heater controls ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Message text written by Etrik
>ogmatic wrote:
>
> So I call around trying to find the Heater Controls, you know, the
> plastic thing behind the pretty face, Mark doesn't have one, so i call
> VW  @%)*&@&^@*@*CK me gently with a chainsaw, $250 for that little
> plastic piece of shit...Fuck, now all my dates are going to be cold
>
> --
> dharma

That sux. Only go to a dealer as a LAST resort.  Did you try Mike
Potter at Virtual world parts (http://www.partsforvw.com/ I think).
Try this one too http://www.forparts.com/ and dare I say Parts Place?
There are alot of other ones that I can't remember right now.

HTH!
Etrik
<

Are you looking for the heater faceplate? This is the plastic part that
snaps into the dash.
It has the lever slots. VDO part number 992 396 127    171 919 383AB.

 Well I have an extra one and for $10.00 plus shipping it is yours!
I must tell you that there are different versions. One has text and the
other has symbols.
If you have A/C and you want text mine will work. I have the levers too.

[MAX A/C]   [NORM]   [BI-LE]   [VENT]   [HEAT]   [ \???/]
IIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiii,,,,,,,,,,............,,,,,,,,,,,iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII