Re: suspension problems?

S.Terry Allender wrote:

> The only problem that I have been having is that the suspension seems
> messed up.  The struts and bushings are completely shot in the front;
> however, the backs seem good, but to get the car to go forward the
> steering wheel is at a 90 degree angle to its normal position.  I have
>
> also heard some rumblings up front every time I go over a slight bump.
> was wondering if you all think that it is just the struts or alignment
>
> problems or are there other more serious problems with the front end.

When doing the struts, check all the other problem areas, such as:  The
bearings, the eccentric bolts (tend to strip), Tie rods, ball joints, cv
Boots, bushings on control Arms.  other than that, enjoy...

i end with a quote:

"When you drive a German Car, you must put only German Parts in them"
                                                        Carl Spatcher,
                Militant German Car Mechanic with a lot of Bently
Manuals behind him

--
dharma

85 scirocco 8v (soon garaged for winter/restore)
88 Golf GTi (project started)