Re: Engine Changes after Oxygen-Sensor Removal....

 '82 VW Scirocco, 5 Speed, 1.7L

 Well, finally went to an Exhaust shop and got the Oxygen-Sensor "RIPPED"
out to say the least.....
  The mechanic that did it said that whoever put it in before cross-threaded
it .....
 Lo and behold....loads of black smoke pouring out the exhaust after that
Oxygen-Sensor was removed (the entire exhaust system had to be pulled out
 just to get to it).
 Now, the engine temperature needle which used to shoot up to the middle of
the scale or 3/4 of the way sometimes barely moves 1/8 of the way now...
 The oil temperature which is usually around 120 is now barely even 100
degrees.....
  Something must have been really clogged up....
 Any ideas why the sudden changes ????

 The next step is to get this baby tuned up and see how she runs......