Rabid VW

Ok, don't shoot me, but I am posting this here as it is VW related,
combustion engine related, and I really hate wadding through the large
news groups.  So for the sake of this post-- to keep it related lets
just "pretend" my Scirocco has an air-cooled 1200cc 40hp motor :-)
(please though, respond only to the forthcoming subject-- i.e. no
snide remarks about the last sentence)

Here is the situation, here in Ohio the temperature has been around 27
degrees the past week or so.  There was some nice fresh snow (without
SALT) so I decides to take the 63 Bug (umm, I mean air-cooled
Scirocco) around the block since it is so much fun in the snow!

The next day I did an oil change on the Jetta, and checked the oil on
all the other cars from my sig, when I noticed the oil was just barely
low (3/4 full actually) on the Bugrocco.  The oil on the dipstick
looked fine, but after removing the oil filler cap I noticed lots of
white foaming of what appeared to be my oil.

So what does that mean?  Frothy foaming oil in the oil filler neck,
dipstick oil looked ok.

Oil in engine was Valvoline 10w-40
Engine has 2000miles (NOS German 40hp installed last summer)

Again, I posted this here as I know most of you, and this is really
the quickist way for me to get the info I seek.

TIA,

So is it rabid?

==
-Paul