Gauges on A pillar?

	While stuck on Sunset Blvd. after the Atari Teenage
Riot/EC8OR/Shizuo show I was wondering about putting gauges on the A pillar
like I've seen on those modded Hondas and Eclipses.  Sightlines look good
and they don't seem to block the view out of the car.  I'd like to put 2 or
3 (oil press/temp/volt) there and the clock plus something else in the
shifter console, freeing up the radio slot so I can return the radio off of
the passenger footwell.  Are the gauge holders specific to each model of
car (I have an '81) and where can I get ones which will hold the stock VDO
instruments?  Thanks, benton------