My new engine

Hi ,after cleaning my "new to me " engine over the weekend, I have a
few questions\

1: The place up close to the head where the serial number or id
number is , Is that the only place to identify my engine? I don' t
think I'll be able to read the numbers cuz its just plain worn off.

2. The knock sensor is on the block between cyl 1 & 2 right??

3. This engine was sitting up for a bout 2 years, The guy I bought it
from, kept it oiled and turned it over often with a socket on the
crank.  After removing the head, and finding the valves in great
shape, ( only 90 000 KM ) Do I or should I replace any seals, gaskets
rebuild the head etc.

Thanks
Dave