Re: Timing Belt Help..

At 14:52 12/14/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Anyone that can help, Please......  (and thanks in advance )
>
>Okay here it is,  I have been working on the removal of the timing belt
>on my 87 8v, It has been two weeks now.  Just spending time on it here and
>there.  I am trying to remove the lower belt cover.  I removed the 2 visable
>nuts from the belt coverd, but there another, but I am not too sure what it
>is.  I think that it may be an allen key,  but what size.  Does anyone
>know, please e-mail me?   I was hoping to be back on the road tomorrow
>because, I miss driving my Scirocco.
>
>Thanks
>Kilimanjaro.

Did you get the one in the center of the lower cover? Its a 10MM nut, down
in a recess between the crank pulley and the top of the lower cover. I had
to tear the cover loose on ours, as the nut was completely rusted solid on
the stud. Someday I've got to fix that..

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (Katy's car now)
'58 Ghia Convert