Re: Timing Belt Help..

Killa wrote:

> Anyone that can help, Please......  (and thanks in advance )
>
> Okay here it is,  I have been working on the removal of the timing belt
> on my 87 8v, It has been two weeks now.  Just spending time on it here and
> there.  I am trying to remove the lower belt cover.  I removed the 2 visable
> nuts from the belt coverd, but there another, but I am not too sure what it
> is.  I think that it may be an allen key,  but what size.  Does anyone
> know, please e-mail me?   I was hoping to be back on the road tomorrow
> because, I miss driving my Scirocco.
>
> Thanks
> Kilimanjaro.

Get ready,  you have to remove the crank shaft pully to get at that last
nut.  You'll need a 6mm allen socket (a key will work, but a socket is
WAY easier) and maybe some liquid wrench (I didn't need it). Then you
can see the "hidden" nut, I think it's 5 or 5.5mm. You also have to
slack
your belts.  Make sure you clean out the nuts with a paper clip or
something so you get a good bite and not strip them.

HTH!
Etrik

BTW
I have a 16v, but if I remember right it's the same on the 8v.