Re: O-rings from HELL!!

In a message dated 97-12-13 07:47:46 EST, smokinn@crestview.sbceo.k12.ca.us
writes:

This is after the fact, (Sorry), but if anyones in a bad spot, I found this to
be usefull in a pinch;

1.   A pair of Long ,Heavy Duty Needle Nose Pliers and another pair; Heavy
Duty Bull Nose (or whatever).

2.   Grab the offending injector on it's body, there is a circumferal
depression running around the middle. Don't grab the Hose or upper portion.
Success came w/ getting a good bite, down low.

3. Position the other pliers on the top of the engine ( valve cover ) as a
fulcrum. Really any thing that's solid and about 1/2-3/4 inch thich would do.

4.   Pry that sucker out.

This worked for me on my '77, 1.6 liter puppy. (RIP) B[

As you know, YMMV, and proceed at your own risk. yak, yak, yak....  Despite
this, I know it's best to get the right tool.

Good luck

TBerk