Re: Fog lights, again...

>Someone please feel free to correct me.....
>
>I thought that the rear European style fog lights were actually extra
>lights hung below the rear bumper, usually on the rear corner drivers
>side.  The lenses I remember seeing in this spot were red.  They were
>not very big, but it probably still helps quite a bit.
>
>==Brett

        I've got a story about that, but first, i think it all depends on
the make of the car.  When i was over in england this summer i noticed most
of the cars had the fog lights built into the rear light housing, like our
MkII sciroccos.   But some, mostly older cars it seemed, had like you said,
the small light on the bottom corner of the car.
        Now heres the story.  When we were  in England, we had a rover for a
rental car, not too bad, and we kinda thrashed the crap out of it(we
actually got airborne driving through a really hilly area called the
cotswalds, or something).  Well one of the first nights there, we were
driving throught downtown London, we were stopped at a wrather long light.
There was a switch on the dash that i thought was for the front fog lights.
We turned it off and on, but didn't see anything getting brighter.  So we
kept turning the switch on and off, on and off, for about a minut. When i
finally turned and looked out the back I saw this huge red glow going off
and on.  Wow, it's like high beams for you're tail lights.  The guys behind
us musta been steemed.  But hey, we're just stupid tourists right.:)

                       And thats all i have to say about that

                                        Owen
                                        87 16V