Fog lights, again...

I have a question to the European members, or anyone who knows :)
I finally got the original three position fog light switch for my 81'
rocco and so far I know this: first position is off, second position is
front fog lights on, third position is front and back fog lights on.  My
question is: would the back fog light be an independently mounted light
just like the front ones or would it be a brighter bulb mounted in the
existing back lights?   How was it originally, I can't say I have seen
the original setup, but I know that on European cars the back fog light
is usually mounted in the existing back lights.

vagabond