From: GIMPYvwMtb <GIMPYvwMtb@aol.com>
To: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Delorean debate
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 12:11:24 EST

Hmm Buick . . Well now John, Z. Delorean once worked for GMC and Thats
about
all that that any amercan car firm had to do with the DMC-12. . . Unless
we
want to get in to a whole consperacy theory descusion. . .

As for Body Design . . . Ital Design did design the body and sold the
rough
Idea to many frims One of which was VW later on and Just like Delorean
Motor
Corp , VW's in house design team did a few tweaks of there own to the
body to
suit their purpose. . . Ending up with the Mark two . . . Now your
proabably
asking where the hell am I coming up with all this . . . well as a a
former
owner and current memeber of the Delorean owners assoc. I've done a lot
of
reasearch on Mr. Delorean, Ital Design, and both the Scirocco and
Delorean
car, as well as on the Lotus company and the esprit model. . . I need
something to do senior year of high school . . I think I picked some
intresting topics to do research on . .

Now stand the two Buggers together and the look so much a like its like
they
through a delorean in a washing machine and shrunk it the look so much
alilke
through out. . . but the DMC-12 had cooler doors. . .Which unlike romurs
didn't break and where designed well enough to park next to the bigest
asshole
in a mall parking garage. . . even though the window slits did suck. . .
And
the engine was moved to the aft of the car , and rear wheel , oh yeah and
the
weird lotus designed chassis and suspension work . . . and the Delorean
didn't
really have sharp spots it was a very smooth car in apearance and overall
driving and performance. . .

I was totaly amazed what I could do in that car . . . The thing would
dust any
Rocco on the road. . well maybe not the EIP turbo VR6 that is in the
works. .
.anyone hear anything about that thing. . ?  The great thing about the
DMC-12
is that you can fit anything into the rear of that car. . I've seen
corvet
V8's stuffed in that bay to Ferrari enegines to twin turbo stockers that
would
just destroy anyone who tried . . . so if anyone is ever thinking of
getting a
even weirder car then there Rocco drop me a line and I'll put you in
contact
with someone in your area. . .

Later. . . .
 ~Danny~

P.S. if there are anymore question on the DMC 12 feel free to ask I'll do
my
best to answer and if I don't have the answer I'll get it for you as soon
as I
can. . .