Re: Scirocco TDI?

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:19:48 -0700 (MST) Night Shadow
> <soltwede@ucsub.Colorado.EDU> writes:
>
> >Have you driven one?  The torque coupled with the 95hp makes a
> >Passat(heavy) accelerate almost as well as my 80 with a JH....it would
> >suprise ya!
> >
> >Eric
>

> You say it right there, its "almost as well as my JH". Again, why go
> through so much hassle only to replace something with = or less?? I cant
> see anything that makes doing this swap worth it.

Right, in a car that probably weighs quite a few hundred pounds more....I
personally wouldn't mind having a TDI Rocco....would be unique and easy on
the wallet....plus, imagine what people would say at the autocross, it
would be pretty funny....I dunno, I guess to me the fuel economy coupled
with pretty damn good power sounds good!

> Don't read to far into my point of view either. I never said the TDI or
> any Diesel was not worthy powerplant. That's not the issue. The issue was
> to swap a TDI into a Scirocco.
> Remember?  :)

Yeah...if I had ALOT of spare time it would be a fun and unique project!

Eric