Re: TDI Scirocco would suck.

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:25:19 -0500 wahl@brutus.columbus.sgi.com (Edward
Wahl) writes:
>Let me get this straight..
>
>200+ft/lbs of torque and 150+bhp DON'T APPEAL to YOU!!?????

I think this is directed at me.. unless there's some messages I haven't
read yet.

YES, naturally 200 hp/150 ft tq always interest those of us that have
much less. Lets roughly look at the pro's and con's if I may.

Pro TDI:
-----------
1) great fuel mileage
2) power (I grant you the numbers you posted above as the TDI comming
that way.)
3) No spark plugs/cap/rotor to ever change. No ignition system persay.
4)No smog test required (I like that one!)

Con TDI:
------------
1) COST-COST-COST. (On, That's 3.)
2) expensive upgrades.
3) difficult swap into a Scirocco.
4) extremely low redline.
5) Weight

Those are the most evident items that I could think of. You may have more
to add to it.

Now, for much less money, and much less time involved, I could have
installed a turbo system that could easily surpass the power output by
the fictional TDI numbers above. Easy enough to me to know which mod id
do.  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and