re: violations and such

had my scirocco since '92.  no mods, pretty basic stereo.  used the
club.  only had one attempted breakin in washington, dc.  got back to my
car after a football game at my alma mater (CUA) to find a small
puncture hole above the driver side door latch (oh, stabbing pain).  ps
this was one of the only times i didn't have the club attached.  scumbag
got the screwdriver in, but either couldn't get the latch to give, or
someone interrupted him.  he's lucky i didn't catch him in the act, or
i'd be doing time in the DC pokey for giving that s__thead the business
end of my timberlands upside his head, repeatedly.

anyway...a little bondo & paint, and all is well.  baby is secure (no
plates yet after accident, need to go through DMV salvage inspection) in
my garage, but i'm concerned...need to think about ways to protect her
once she's on the road again.  good posts to the list, good ideas.