Re: W8 Musings

...I thought the W12 was two VR6 blocks mated with the cranks somehow
combined
- four rows of three cylinders, with two wide heads. A 'W8' would then be
four rows of two cylinders each - and that sounds a bit wasteful of space
compared to a V8..

Yes, that's EXACTLY how it looked in the picture in the magazine I was
looking at (either CAR magazine or Automobile). Basically it was two VR6's
that shared a common crank - they probably could have made them opposing
even and laid it out nice and flat! Pretty weird actually.   sz