Re: W8 Musings

>Has anybody actually taken the time to consider exactly HOW a W8 engine
would be constructed?  A W12 works because 12 is easily divided by
3...giving 3 banks of 4 cylinders each.

        Call me stupid, but i thought from the pics i've seen, that the W12
had 4 banks of 3, esentially 2 VR6's put together?

 Exactly how do you divide 8 by three to get 3 banks of cylinders with equal
numbers?

Wouldn't you use 4 banks of 2?

>I personally think that a version of Audi's 5-valve V6 with maybe
250-275HP, in a Synchro GTI would be pretty cool.
>Oh well, just my $.02.
>ADP

        cool indeed.

                                Owen
                                87 16V

Ps, feel free to bash me, 'cause i really have no knowledge past the basic 4
cyl.
PPS, why are youre emails so weird?  All that mumbo jumbo at the end.