Re: W8 Musings

Uh... I follow your logic about the W8 not working, except for one small,
relatively insignificant thing.
	A W12 is constructed by using FOUR 3-cylinder banks, not the other way
around...

	and, a W8 is possible, and it's done by using 4 banks of 2-cylinders each.

	But personally, I don't think any of these W engines will be produced... I
remember like 10 years ago Vector was working on a W8 and wound up
abandoning it because of major problems... not the least of which that the
car would have to have been as wide as a Mack Truck to accomodate the engine.
Somehow, I can't see VW bothering with this... having 2 crankshafts has got
to be totally usless... what's the point?
		That was my DM .03 (at current exchange rates, of course)

					Jason