Re: Places to order parts wanted... (Long story included :)

I agree with your feelings about Parts Place....  bad news!

May I suggest, as I'm sure others on the list will, either:

Mark at Adirondack - http://www.germanautoparts.com  or
Potterman - http://www.parts4vws.com

Both have been extremely helpful with any problems/parts needs that I
have had.  Good luck!

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'83 GTi  <--- new
'82 diesel pickup
parts cars - '80 Rabbit diesel, '86 GTi, '87 16v Scirocco, '88 16v GTi
website - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm