Re: Relays, Pissers, and Lights...

Jason wrote:

> Hey guys...
>         As if you weren't busy enough, here I am again.  (It's not that I have no
> life, it's just that I have 2 exams this week and email is my favorite
> procrastination device, thank you...)
>
> #1  That bastard upshift light has now been silenced.  Relay in position
> #4, had a big "5" written on it.  Fabulous.
>
> #2  Is it only me or do the 8v tail lights look better.  I was surfin' all
> of yourses Web pages and everybody puts 16v lights on their cars... I'm
> looking for 8v lights for mine... the 16v ones look dark and dreary.. am I
> nuts?

Hmm dunno, I have a set of 8v ones on my car now (not by choich) and
think they look fine,  If you want I might trade my 8v's for your
16v's. I think it also depends what color car ya got, I can see
how they would look dark and dreary on a white car.

> #3  In preparing for Pittsburgh's long, nasty winter and horrible road
> conditions, I realized that my windshield washer jets are sucky.  The
> passenger one squirts a thin stream right into the sunroof, and the driver
> one spurts barely over the wiper.  Any solutions?  Any way I can get it to
> somehow squirt more than one square inch?  I was in a friend's M3 last week
> and they actually sprayed the *whole* windshield.  What a novel idea!!!

Hmm, try and clean them, I took the hose off of the suqirters and
used a pin and some compressed air (my mouth ;) I know your cracking
up at the thought of it, but it worked!).  Don't know how to make them
cover the whole windshield, think you could grab a set of nozzels of
a wreaked M3?.

> #4  Re: The short shifter debate... I have an ABD short shift kit and the
> weight... and the weight makes all the difference in the world (to me).  I
> agree that it can sort of make it feel like the linkage needs to be
> greased, but the payoff is getting rid of that damn notchiness.  Now, when
> I can get my lever sawed off, I'll have that PLUS the short shift and
> weight... *that* will be fun!
>
>         Thanks Guys
>                         Jason

I have a MOMO short shift kit which downs it by %50 and then
I have a Hurst shifter which brings it down to like %85 less
(front and back).  I can shift so quick that it sounds like
I have and automatic :).

Later
Etrik