Re: Relays, Pissers, and Lights...

On Mon, 01 Dec 1997 01:21:12 +0000 Jason <jtcst20+@pitt.edu> writes:

>#2  Is it only me or do the 8v tail lights look better.  I was surfin'
all
>of yourses Web pages and everybody puts 16v lights on their cars... I'm
>looking for 8v lights for mine... the 16v ones look dark and dreary.. am
>nuts?

Yeah, your nuts. Were all nuts. So what.
I think the 8V lights VS the 16V lights are one of those "greener grass"
deals. You either like them, or don't like them.  I have an 8V and
thought the lights looked....well.... stock. Nothing much to look at from
my point of view.
Besides, mine were cracked thanks to a nice overzealous Grand Cherokee
driver. I just liked the way the 16V tail lights looked compared to what
I had, so I opted for the 16V tail lights. If you like the way the 8V
tail lights look, get them!
I love it when people come up to me and ask me how many miles I got on my
16V... el wrongo! heh-heh, fooled you!

>#3  In preparing for Pittsburgh's long, nasty winter and horrible road
>conditions, I realized that my windshield washer jets are sucky.  The
>passenger one squirts a thin stream right into the sunroof, and the
driver
>one spurts barely over the wiper.  Any solutions?  Any way I can get it
>somehow squirt more than one square inch?  I was in a friend's M3 last
week
>and they actually sprayed the *whole* windshield.  What a novel idea!!!

My momma don't know crap about cars. She gave me a grand way to fix this
problem. (So she gets all the credit!)
Take a regular sewing needle and shove it down the squirter hole. wiggle
it around a little and loosen up whatever is causing the clog. Then try
your squirter. It works! Depending on the car, a unfolded paper clip can
do the job just as good. I roto-rooter my squirter holes about once a
year. No problems so far.
Give it a try!

>#4  Re: The short shifter debate... I have an ABD short shift kit and
the
>weight... and the weight makes all the difference in the world (to me).
>agree that it can sort of make it feel like the linkage needs to be
>greased, but the payoff is getting rid of that damn notchiness.  Now,
when
>I can get my lever sawed off, I'll have that PLUS the short shift and
>weight... *that* will be fun!
>	Thanks Guys
>			Jason

I have the same setup as well as having a completely fresh tranny.
(Yummy, new syncros!) I use the middle setting. I find in the tightest
setting, I can get a 2nd gear grind if I shift too quick. (Oh and "NEO"
Synthetic tranny fluid.) And you all know how quick I like to shift! I
don't know how much more of an improvement shortening the shifter lever
can make to all that but im sure the asthenic's make it all worth while.
I think i'll keep mine he length it is just because I don't want to have
to go buy a MOMO shift knob. I kinda like my leather knob the way it is.
There again, its a preference thing.
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
	^^^Check it out, some new stuff!^^^