VDO odometer...

I've repaired my odometer several times and have never had a gear crack.
There is a metal gear on the main od shaft and the hole in that gear
widens, thus not turning the od (or randomly turning it).   I had one shop
refuse to sell me the "cracked" part as I had been told by everyone that
the problem would be.  Another shop was honest with me and said they'd fix
it for $xx, but here's the problem and how to fix it.  Remove the gear,
lightly tap the hole to close it up a little, and put it back together.
I put a little glue on it this time to make sure it holds.   I'd suggest
trying to just glue it first, and if that fails take the speedo apart.

Of course I do still have to get the speedo calibrated, but that comes
after colored gauge faces...

Greg Davis
1985 Scirocco
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco
Member Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm