Re: Safety first?

>VW's are VERY safe cars to drive..I know soo many people that have
>totaled their Corrado..by being t-boned by a large car at 40+ mph and
>walked out unscratched. I myself have slammed into a truck in a Jetta
>GL ..totaled the front end I was safe as ever w/o an airbag...also
>took out a 6" tree with that jetta at at uncontrolled 40mph...all
>I dented was the lower air dam. VW's are built like a rock, they
>provide a high level of safety w/o having to shell out the money
>for a volvo (plus v's dont look as cool)

Yep, I agree.  I flipped an 80 Scirocco about 7 years ago when
I first started driving.  The tow truck guy started it up and
drove it out of the ditch that I landed in on my side.  Of course
he pushed it on the wheels, first.  The service mgr at the
dealer was telling me about how wife was at a stoplight in her
94 Jetta GL when a Blazer or something like that rearended her
at 50mph.  The rear end of the car was demolished of course,
but 3 of the 4 doors could still be opened!  That's impressive.

-Mike
92/95 GTIs