Re: power windows

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:22:43 -0400 (EDT) HOTGTX@aol.com writes:
>I need help.  I found some power windows out of a wrecked scirocco in
>Portland OR.  I have them installed and they work like a champ but  i
>need to
>put a in line fuse.  Any suggestions on the rating  10,20 etc. My
>haynes
>manual doesn't list the fuses.
>
>thankx
>
>dave
>85 Scirocco

I am not sure about what years use what.
But most VW's don't use a fuse for the Power Windows, they use a
self-resetting 30 amp breaker, which you can get out of a car with PW's
or at your local parts store ( I know Advance Auto Parts has them, pretty
cheap).  If they used a low amp fuse like 15amp or so, it would keep
blowing, escpecially in the winter, or if you held up or down on the
switch after the window was done moving.

shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)
87 GTI G60
72 Baja Bug & Karmann Ghia