Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #333

>>>From: "Ken Buck" <phillyscca@enter.net>
>>>Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:57:13 4
>>>Subject: Hello List
>>>
>>> The 16V may look cool, but my 8V eats
>>>Mustang 5.0s and Corvettes on the autox course with my eyes closed.

maybe, on a solo II course.  Sure, I could take my 16V with my GTi up to 3rd
gear. but
sometimes you want a little more umph above 65MPH.  I miss my 16V. there is no
substitute.
I don't know how VW did it, but the 16V scirocco had a little extra
'farfregnugen'

besides, autocrossing is much more driver, than car.  As the great Manix said
before, VW's are
quick, they're not fast.... (were not talking awsome engine mods here, ok?)

SO-----       WHO IS GOING TO NATIONALS????????
how many of you are going to go show DSP (or whatever class) what a Volkswagen
can do?
are you all going to let those pansy 510's take all the glory?!?!?!  If you
havn't registered,then
just register late!  do it!  you think you're hot stuff and never autocrossed?
join, register (late)
and go to Topika and prove it!!!

"Why drive stock, when you could drive a rock?"

-fish

fish@privatei.com
fish@distantseas.com
'80 Scirocco S
'83 GTi DSP #63 (I'm not driving scared enough yet...)