Re: 16V Gas Mileage

> Even with these mods, I averaged about 27-28 MPG on my last trip to Portland
> and back (to Seattle), which Rick Lackner can attest was done at speeds
> ranging from 75 to 120 MPH (prolly averaging around 80 because of traffic).
>  By the way, the .805 fifth gear ratio does help quite a bit.

He's lying.  He had to slow down to the legal limit several times due
to traffic :)  We just may have set the record for cruising Seattle
to Portland in fairly heavy traffic though.  Just so no one gets too
upset, Brad showed restraint and did NOT race the fat ugly chick in
the Tempo loaded with kids :)  She shoulda been shot for the way
she drove with kids in the car, if not for her looks.  And the
fastest we went was 122, not 120.  Gotta watch everything this guy
writes :)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com