16V Gas Mileage

Since the subject of gas mileage has cropped up a bit here and there, I
thought I'd share my statistics with you folks.

I'm running a factory 2.0 liter 16V engine with a Euro intake cam, K & N air
filter, tri-Y header, Techtonics exhaust (using the Super Turbo muffler, not
the UltraFlo).

Even with these mods, I averaged about 27-28 MPG on my last trip to Portland
and back (to Seattle), which Rick Lackner can attest was done at speeds
ranging from 75 to 120 MPH (prolly averaging around 80 because of traffic).
 By the way, the .805 fifth gear ratio does help quite a bit.

City driving is another story entirely!  I get 21 or 22, which is largely due
my lead foot!  :)

-Bradley
1986 Scirocco 16V 2.0, etc., etc.
http://effervescent.com/btp/vw.html