All kinds of stuff

Hey all,

OK, I've heard a little about this east coast meeting on Sept 6 at
Josh's place.  Well, I definitely would like to be there but...where
is Josh's shop?  I live in Virginia, I think Josh is somewhere up in
the north, I'm going to need some time to prepare.  Please, someone
let me know.

Speaking of meetings, I happened to run into another list member -
Paul - who lives in Richmond like me, actually he lives about two
blocks away now (I just moved :-)).  Anyway it was a weird meeting, I
was pulling some brackets off of a 78 Scirocco in a junkyard when he
walked up and said hi, we shot the sh$% a little without exchanging
names.  I noticed his car on the way out - 82 Scirocco and drove home.
 Well, later that day on my way to get a keg of Killian's for my
housewarming party, I see his car and decide to leave him an
invitation under his windshield wiper.  He shows up later, saying he's
Paul and asked if I had ever seen the list, I say "Yeah!"...and then
the whole mystic realization that we already knew each other kicked in
so I introduced him to my car, we had a couple of beers and talked
about Scirocco's and such. Pretty cool night.

Anyway, I guess you didn't need to hear about all that.  I have a
couple of questions.

1)	Is it possible to swap my rear drum brakes on my 80 Scirocco with a
set of rear disc brakes from an 85 Jetta GLI?  If so, do I need
anything special?
2)	I've notice a slow trickle of anti freeze coming from my engine.
 Exactly, it is coming from one of the three discs (not sure what they
are called) that are on the backside of the head facing the firewall.
 I understand these things are pressed in somehow. Can I replace these
myself?  Would I need a special tool?  Should I or should I not be
driving my car?

That's enough for now.  I did get some goodies at the junkyard
including a 100mph speedo for my Scirocco (from a 79, my speedo only
goes to 85), two awesome chrome door handles with black inserts (from
the 79 also), and a nice sting mark from a mad hornet protecting his
78 Scirocco (that's when I called it quits).

Well, talk to yall later, have a good one (must go play football),

John
80 Scirocco S
85 GTI